Saturday, May 31, 2008

What I'm Listening To...


"Rockferry" by Duffy. Thanks to Dust Bunnies Dan and Timmy for posting the video of her song Mercy on their blogs. Their posts made me go out and buy the CD - yes bitches, I still use CD's (I don't own an IPOD). Rockferry is fantastic - Duffy REALLY sounds like a modern version of Dusty Springfield.

Dan mentioned that he hopes Duffy keeps herself out of trouble, unlike some OTHER soul singers from the U.K. I hope she takes his advice - if Duffy's not careful we could find her in five years doing her spring cleaning looking like this:


9 comments:

Angel said...

oh lordy...keep your nose clean Duffy! I love her voice!!! but not as much as I love you! I am working on my tan so I don't get burned when we go to Brazil.. ;)

mikeinbama said...

Hey, I posted about Duffy a couple of weeks ago. Are you cheating on me with other blogs? Don't make me cut you! Let me be the first to turn you on to Adele before you hear it from some other blog.

Joy said...

I think I saw her on Craig Ferguson's show and liked her.

theminx said...

I was contemplating that on iTunes the other day - yes, I *do* have an iPod.

I love that other crack ho...I mean...UK soul singer....

David Dust said...

Beth - We ARE going to Brazil. Start packing!

Mike - Goodness, I probably DID see it on your blog also. I would NEVER cheat on you, Daddy! I'll have to look into this Adele person - if I like her you'll get ALL the credit. XOXO

Joy & Kathy - Yes, Duffy is really good - and that other Crack Ho ain't bad either...

Timmy said...

LOL I had not seen those pics of Winehouse. LOL seriously, I am LOL

I listened to Rockferry again yesterday when I was running. I'm hooked.

John said...

Winehouse is a chavtastic mess.

BT dude: I just did a live blog of The Next Food Network Star (here). Much funnier than Top Chef.

Kwana said...

I'm crazy for Duffy! My writer friend Megan turned me on to her. You can get to her blog from mine. her DH does music reviews. I listen to both Duffy and hot mess Amy like crazy now Ms. Megan has just turned me onto ADELE and gave me a download for my B-day! I'm so happy.

Dagny said...

The last two photos? You're telling me something wrong with them? Crap. I'm going to have to rethink my whole look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...