Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wildwood, New Jersey


In honor of my journey yesterday to the Garden State, I present to you some footage from a early 90's documentary about Wildwood, NJ. My favorite quote: "You always got the CHECK to CASH!" (while pointing at her 'gina). Keep it classy Miss New Jersey ...



The week after I graduated from high school, myself and a group of friends spent "Senior Week" in a rented house in Wildwood. Next door to us were girls who looked EXACTLY like the ladies who appear in this video - right down to the outfits. The gals were kinda skanky, but their boyfriends were gorgeous.

And if I remember correctly, MY 17-year-old "check" almost got cashed a couple of times that weekend...

6 comments:

Ian said...

See David I always forget you are from PA. I was like, "Senior Week? I didn't know folks outside PA trekked to the Garden State and did that too." But then I remembered, you're Home Blood, LOL.

Lawdhavmercy. We won't talk about my Senior Week...well maybe I'll blog about it. Let's just say, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and Cape May all have SPECIAL memories. Nuff said.

Beth said...

Bummer, the video has been removed! I was looking forward to seeing that....

David Dust said...

Beth - I found another copy and reposted...

XOXOXOXOXO

Mark in DE said...

We watched some of that documentary last night when we got home from watching the fireworks. Spouse's family went there every summer for vacation. We refer to it as Philly by the Beach.

Joy said...

That was early 90's? So it's not just a stereotype, is it? Wow! Thank you for posting all that! Check cashed, haven't heard that one before. So classy as you said! LOL

sflewie said...

"...MY 17-year-old "check" almost got cashed a couple of times that weekend..."

Oh, come on, David, you know you've been bouncin' that check since you were in 10th grade!

Thanks for having such an entertaining blog...I'm definatley a daily reader/fan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...