Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Can Has Cheezburger: The MusicLOL


Last night I went to see I Can Has Cheezburger: The MusicLOL. It was being shown as part of the NYC Fringe Festival - a two-week celebration of the performing arts. The ticket was only $15, and I was curious to see how they would translate a website into musical theater.

I am by no means a theater critic, and I have very little experience with off-off-Broadway productions. But the show was cute and entertaining. It was very low-budget (that is pretty much the definition of off-off-Broadway), and some parts dragged a little - but I'm very happy I went.

Basically, the show followed the adorable LOLCat...


...in his quest for the elusive Cheezburger. During his journey, he meets FAIL, WIN, Wrong (as in "Ur doin it Wrong!") and others - most notably, the LOLRus (who had lost his bucket)...


Unfortunately, the show talked about "CHEEZBURGERS" for a full 78 minutes - so when I got out of that theater I was STARVING for a friggin cheeseburger. I proceeded immediately to the grocery store and got ingredients for Weight Watchers approved cheeseburgers...


And since the poor LOLCat spent the entire show trying (in vain) to get his Cheezburger, I let my darling LOLCat (Oscar) have a little of mine...



It was a lovely (and delicious) evening...

10 comments:

behrmark said...

By letting Oscar have some of your cheezburger you will definitely get into kitteh heaven!

Dan said...

Are you aware there is a furball on your cheeseburger?

Anonymous said...

You are a good kitty daddy. The LOLRus pic was cracking me up.

Angel said...

you ARE a good kitty Daddy! Oscar is so lucky to have you...event ho he doesn't come out of hiding to meet/greet his visitors that come all the way from Ohio to see him and pet him and love him.

XOXOXOXOXOX

Jojo said...

Oscar is adorable. Whenever I feed the dogs/cat any of my food I just think of it as them helping me with my diet but sharing the calories!!

Kyle Leach said...

David, loved the review! Oscar is adorable!

Mark in DE said...

Do you realize the significant paradym change you related in this post??? The old David would have beaten a hasty path to Arby's to satisfy his cheeseburger craving. But the new David "did the right thing" and made WW-approved cheeseburgers. This is a BIG DEAL!! Congrats, David Darling!

Beth said...

So glad you enjoyed it--I was curious how they'd do a production of that, too! Mark has a great point...taking time to make a healthy cheezburger IS a big deal! XOXO Beth

Joy said...

I wondered how they would do that. You are good to Oscar and even better to yourself! Way to go!!

Kailyn said...

Mark is so right. It's like what Zombie Mom tells me about -- the unconscious food choices that we make. And I hope that each step you make in the direction of loving food but not letting it rule you will help you to love yourself as much as we all love you. When this happens, I'm going to have to go back to being a redhead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...