Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Unexpected Trip Home...


It looks like I'm going to make it out of the city after all. My grandparents are visiting my mother in Pennsylvania, so I'm going to jump on an Amtrak train on Friday morning for a nice weekend with my family.



I will be accomplishing a lot with this one trip:

I'll get to see my grandparents (who live in Texas, so I don't get to see them often)

I'll be getting out of the city - which I need to do desperately.

I'll get to see my Mom, Stepdad, my Brother (and his family), my Dad and Stepmom. I haven't seen most of these people since Christmas.

I'll get an early start celebrating my birthday (which is next week).

ADDED BONUS: I'll probably be bringing home a new KITTEN!!!!!


My Dad and Stepmom are crazy cat people. There always seems to be a new one every time I come home to visit. Well, one of the neighborhood cats had kittens (NOT the ones pictured above) - and Dad said that two of them are really sweet (and litter-trained). So I'm going to pick one and take him/her back to NYC with me!! Yes, Oscar will be getting a little brother or sister. This ought to be interesting...

10 comments:

Wonder Man said...

that's cute... pick a pretty kitty

mark said...

have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Kitties! Kitties! Kitties! How great! Have a wonderful trip home visiting family, taking a break and cuddling with a little fur ball. :)

Joy said...

I'm so glad you're taking that trip and will get to see your family. It's always an adventure bringing a new kitten home to the resident cat. Brigit doesn't like others enough for that to happen here. I've thought about it but .... !

Can't wait to see pictures of the baby! Have a great time!!!

Ken Riches said...

You are making your home a cat house :o) Looking forward to pictures of the one you pick.

Beth said...

I'm glad you get a chance to get out of town, and it sounds like it will be reasonable, too! Have fun with the Fam, and I can hardly wait to see pics of the new kitteh. I luuuuv kittehs, rilly I do! Safe travels! XOXO Beth

theminx said...

As long as you give equal time to the new kitty and Oscar on the blog, and feed him lots of cheeseburgers, he'll be happy to be the older brother.

Hopefully. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

mrs.missalaineus said...

i cant wait to see teh new kitteh!

enjoy your trip! i hope your weather is better then ours, it's supposed to be cool and rainy all weekend.

xxalainaxx

Angel said...

awwww. I hope you ick one that Oscar likes....and have a great time with the whole fam damily!!!

XOXOXOXXO

Mark in DE said...

I'm glad to hear you'll get to see so many of your family (esp. the grandparents) this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice, too.

OOOOOOOOO - I can't wait to see a photo of your new kitteh! Hope Oscar likes his new brother or sister.

XOXOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...