Thursday, September 24, 2009

Friendly Voices - Brendon Ayanbadejo


Wonder Man posted this yesterday, and I thought it was fantastic. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo (above, with his daughter) recently made a sensible and thoughtful statement regarding marriage equality...
“If Britney Spears can party it up in Vegas with one of her boys and go get married on a whim and annul her marriage the next day, why can’t a loving same-sex couple tie the knot?" Read more HERE.

I have featured the handsome Brendon before (with his brother, who also plays in the NFL). For the record, they are both straight - not that there's anything wrong with that...

7 comments:

Kate said...

Things like this make me proud to a Baltimorean and a Ravens fan!

Anonymous said...

It's great when people in the public eye like him go on record as being supportive of GLBT rights. A very good thing!

Joy said...

I've noticed more and more people speaking out. It's going to help a lot.

Angel said...

I love it when straight guys come out and support gay marriage. shows that there are people with integrity still out there in the world.

love you, love your hair!
XOXOXOX

behrmark said...

How hot is that picture with his tattooed gun and pierced nipple? Oh and the kid is cute too. LOL

Behr Hugs!

Stephen said...

I have some straight couples as a neighbors & they seem like OK people. Their houses & gardens don't look as a good as the gay couple's, but...
I belive that they are born straight & that it is not a choice for them.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something sensitive and wise, but I'm laughing to hard at Stephen's comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...