Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nadler To Introduce DOMA Repeal Bill


According to WashingtonBlade.com, Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) will introduce a law next week that would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which prevents the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages. Read more HERE.

YES, I know passage is a long shot, and YES I know Barney Frank has not yet signed on. However, I would like to give Congressman Nadler a shout-out for his efforts - especially since he is MY Congressman. Yes, Nadler represents much of the West Side of Manhattan, including Hell's Kitchen (my neighborhood). I happily vote for "Jerry" every two years at the elementary school polling place around the corner - and I will continue to do so as long as he continues to run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Barney Frank. Would like to see him run for Kennedy's Senate seat, but he will not as he puts priciples ahead of politics and wants to stay where he feels he can be the most effective.

LB anon

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for a miracle!

Joy said...

Miracles do happen, and I hope this does.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...