Wednesday, September 16, 2009

NYC Primary Day Junk Mail


Yesterday was Primary Election Day for local races here in NYC. Since most of the city is intensely Democratic, the majority of candidates who win the Democratic nomination in their races usually end up winning the General Election in November. This is because Republican opposition is generally weak or nonexistent.

As progressive/liberal as we tend to be here in NYC, one of the things these Democrats apparently DON'T seem to care about is the environment. Or, more specifically, these biatches must HATE trees. In the past few days before the Primary I received over 30 pieces of over-sized, unsolicited candidate junk mail (pictured above). My little apartment mailbox was pretty-much filled every single day of the week before the Primary.

Seriously, how much timber had to be harvested so that Cy Vance, Jr. could be the Democratic candidate for Manhattan District Attorney?!?

4 comments:

Boy Toy said...

But in the interests of being fair...

How many people would seriously know who was running - or, more to that end, even pay attention - otherwise? You'd end up with people being elected based on name recognition only.

After all, there are no Arby's for candidates to stand outside of anymore. Sorry to rub salt in that wound. ;)

the dogs' mother said...

When Eldest was going to school in Seattle but still voting over here I wanted to send him the voter's pamphlet. But we only got one copy and we had, at that time, four voters in this location. So I looked online. You think I could find it?? They actually had a link that never worked!! So I ended up reading him the thing over the phone. By that time I was too ticked off to copy it and mail it. I kept thinking surely they can figure out how to post the damn thing online!

Beth said...

Hope you can recycle! XOXO

Angel said...

gawd how I HATE all that crap in the mail! I love to get mail, but this stuff gets me to no end......and I HATE someone telling me who the hell to vote for! I'll make up my own damn mind, thank you very much!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...