Monday, February 9, 2009

No Wonder I'm So Broke...


A new study shows that if you make over $100,000 a year in New York City, you're barely middle class. NY Daily News:

A New Yorker would have to make $123,322 a year to have the same standard of living as someone making $50,000 in Houston.

In Manhattan, a $60,000 salary is equivalent to someone making $26,092 in Atlanta....

The average monthly rent in New York is $2,801, 53% higher than San Francisco, the second most expensive city in the country.

I guess this makes me, officially, "poor". Poverty sucks.



8 comments:

Bob said...

So, I do all right lving here in Smallvile, but I'm poor in NYC?


Hmmmmmmmm makes a man wonder.

theminx said...

It's a hard city to live in. I'd only do it if I won a really big lottery, or if I were a kept woman. :)

xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Come back to the Keystone State! :)

Anonymous said...

See, I was just feeling sad about my massive mortgage payment and you put it all in perspective for me.

And scare the crap out of me, because DQ is dead set on attending NYU. Gulp!

Anonymous said...

Wow. There are days I feel like I could use a good sugar daddy, but for NYC I'd need an international arms dealer or bonafide sultan!

P,B!

Unknown said...

One of the few benifits of ATL. (the drawbacks are the back water, red state people.

Anonymous said...

and that is why I love Houston Texas....

Tivo Mom said...

Try living in Palm Beach County. I feel your pain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...