Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Celebrity Sightings


In the past few days I have seen three "celebrities" here on the streets of NYC. And trust me, these three couldn't have been more random or unrelated.

First of all, I saw Historian Barry Lewis, who - along with David Hartman (below) - does those great "Walk" specials for PBS. They have done "A Walk Around Brooklyn", "A Walk Through Queens", "A Walk Through Harlem" and "A Walk Up Broadway". Actually, now that I think about the NYC-specificness of the series, I think this might be a local thing. Well anywhoo, Barry is a celebrity in my book.


Secondly, I saw Saturday Night Live star Kenan Thompson walking out of one of the gorgeous new condo buildings in my neighborhood (he must live there). Kenan is a big boy, but he is cute as hell up close. Plus, he knows the international Dust Bunny greeting ... Peace, bitch...



My favorite Kenan skit on SNL is "Deep House Dish" (below). Kenan plays the Host, DJ Dynasty Handbag, and cutie Andy Samberg plays his Co-host T-Shane. Bokay?!?!!


Finally, I saw Top Chef Season one winner Harold Dieterle (below) yesterday. He walked right past my restaurant - no doubt on his way to HIS restaurant, which is in the neighborhood.


Many people talk about how handsome Harold is - and I thought so too - until I saw him in person. The picture below is a much more accurate portrayal than the one above...


14 comments:

Unknown said...

MAKEUP!

Angel said...

funny, I don't think he's handsome in either picture!

and Ilove Kenan. I remember watching him with my kids, on "Kenan and Kell".

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger!"

ahhhhh....

and I am SO jealous I can't come to NYC this weekend to see you with Kailyn!!! :(

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I think he's cute in both photos!

Bob said...

Harold's okay, but he was no CJ.
Whenever I see CJ, I think of Mount CJ...and that's not a noun, it's an order.

mikeinbama said...

When Harold was on Top Chef, it bothered me that he didn't show any personality. It still think he's a good looking guy.

kayce. said...

OMG andy samburg is soooo cute!!! do you think you could put your dust bunny detective skillz to finding some semi-naughty pics of him?

also, i don't think dieter is cute, i think he's sexy ~ he's a perfect example of why there's a diff. he has a whole strong-silent-type thing going for him that works for me. i love how confident he is w/ out having to be cocky at all ~ *wink wink* ~ totally hot. and i already know the answer: no, you haven't been to his restaurant, right? :)

the dogs' mother said...

Put me the 'le sigh, le Harold' column. I loves your celebrity sightings. I got Eddie Arnold's autograph once, at a county fair, so I think he star was on the wan.

Wonder Man said...

Kenan looks like my old roommate

Tivo Mom said...

Just one, I just want to see one celebrity in my lifetime (OK I have seen three but it has been a long time). I am a little jealous. Thanks for the report though.

Mark in DE said...

It must be fun to live in NYC and see celebs all the time. I got so excited in Oct when I saw/spoke to Nathan from Top Design season 2.

BTW, I saw a commercial for 'Make Me a Supermodel' season 2.

Marker said...

You think Kenan is funny? I sodo not. He's got one character and he does it in every skit.

David Dust said...

Darling Marker -

How 'bout you don't question my comedic tastes (Kenan), and I won't question your taste in men (Vince from ShamWow). Deal?? :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

theminx said...

Compared to all the other cheftestants - Harold is handsome. Compared to the rest of the men in the world, he's not bad looking. :)

Sam Talbot was my favorite TC eye candy. Pickens' have been slim since.

xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

I think Harold is quite sexy. Not a beauty, but definitely sexy. Kinda makes me get all moist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...