Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thoughts on the Super Bowl...


What did my Dust Bunnies think of the Big Game? All-in-all, I thought it was an excellent and entertaining game and telecast.

  • First of all, did anyone see the pre-game cooking segment with Tom Colicchio? When I saw Andrew and Spike (below) I changed channels. For the record, Antonia and Richard were also there, but that wasn't enough to hold my interest. Anyone know who won?
  • Did anyone else notice the Toyota Tundra commercial that kept talking about "trannies"? It took me a minute to figure out they were discussing TRANSMISSIONS. I thought they had finally developed a vehicle for Drag Queens.
  • That 100-yard run that ended the first half was incredible. Kudos to Pittsburgh's James Harrison (below) for the longest run in Super Bowl history.
  • I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, but Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band should do the Super Bowl half-time show every single year. THEY are what stadium rock is all about. Fantastic.
  • Finally, one naughty treat for you horny bitches. Game-winning Pittsburgh receiver Santonio Holmes has a nekkid picture out there. Click HERE if you would like to see the (impressive) goods. NSFW, natch.

12 comments:

Wonder Man said...

that's some goods

kayce. said...

thanks for keeping me company (and tolerating my 45398439823 emails, LOL) during "the big game"... it was SUCH a good game. now, gonna catch a quick shower and then watch the really important stuff: hour-long "office" ep!!!

on the ads, two things: did you catch the half-second "high life" ad? so hilarious! just a guy standing in a room full of beer who screamed "high life!". also, who's going to go to denny's for a free grand slam? can you say "clusterfuck", LMAO (but not literally, nbc)!

the dogs' mother said...

Richard and Spike won tickets to the game. They served beef and when the judges huddled I heard something like because it was beef it won. Maybe.
That 100 yard run was something but I could not watch the replays after I saw him laying on the field - too worried he was hurt.
Exciting game and that's always fun.

Renee said...

The game was very exciting. I loved the Doritos crystal ball commercial.

Why did Bruce Springsteen say he was going to Disneyland? Hello Bruce, you're in Florida. It's Disney World. Maybe he had trouble thinking clearly after he slammed his crotch into that camera after his "cool" knee slide. Bleh.

mikeinbama said...

Santonio... now that's impressive.

Joy said...

I saw the half-time show but that's all except for a few commercials. I watched a movie and Big Love, which I think gives a nice, negative view of those polygamist Mormons.

Anonymous said...

Closer game than I expected and a really good one at that!

BTW, I come bearing gifts this morning- enjoy!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28966128/

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch a single minute of it! Mr. Clairol went up to my parents house, watched it with my dad. I read an extremely trashy and hot romance novel. That's a Super Sunday for me!

mrsFAB said...

I watched. I hated the outcome. I hate the Steelers more than ever now! But I did like the SoBe commercial with Ray Lewis dancing in it.

Mark in DE said...

I'm gay... what's a super bowl?

Tivo Mom said...

So glad you watch and what a great game. Still laughing at your trannie comments. Congrats on your team. Later tater.

Anonymous said...

You know I almost had a heart attack during the game. But, woohoo, the Steelers pulled it out! Awesome game.

Did you see the SoBe commercial? I was drooling over the furry-faced football player (can't remember is name) doing ballet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...