Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dust Bunny of the Week - Sam


I know it's been much more than a week since I presented a coveted "Dusty" Award to the Dust Bunny who goes above and beyond the call of duty. Many of you will remember Miss Ginger Grant's recent act of bravery in the name of Arby's - which earned her the inaugural prize.

Well my dears, it's time for me to name a new Dust Bunny of the Week - and this time it's the most fabulous trucker in America - Sam. Sam is a real-life truck driver with a hot man who shares driving duties with him. And I hear they've shared MORE THAN THAT in 40 out of 50 of these United States of America. Use your imagination. Here is a picture of the adorable Sam (below left), with his hunky hubby Bill...


When Sam heard I was feeling down last week and needed cheering up, that Beeyotch sent me one helluva basket of cheer...


Yes indeed - a Harry & David basket of goodies - complete with two bottles of wine in a cute red basket that will be perfect in my red kitchen. I will use the red basket for fruit - because I am a flaming homersextical.

Anywhore, for going above and beyond the call of duty - I present this Dusty Award to my truck-driving "sister", the lovely and talented Sam...


In gratitude for his service to the BunnyNation, Sam's blog - God, You Ain't Goin' To Believe This - has moved up to a position of honor ("Dust Blogger of the Week") on my sidebar. You may also notice some changes to my "Dust Bunny Blogs" blogroll. I would like to welcome Daventry Blue, The Gayte-Keeper, Maybe It's Just Me, and Nutwood Junction to the coveted realm of featured Dust Bunny Bloggers. These four have become loyal Dust Bunnies - leaving comments and checking in often - and I appreciate them immensely.

In order to make room for the newbies, I had to rotate some things. If your blog isn't on the list right now, it's not because I'm mad at you or you did anything wrong. I've just decided to mix up my blogroll occasionally to feature some other great bloggers. Keep being fabulous Dust Bunnies and your blogs will return to the list eventually.

One other thing ... ALTHOUGH I APPRECIATE IT IMMENSELY, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY/SEND ME THINGS to be Dust Bunny of the Week. Even if I'm bitching and moaning about how horrible my life is (which it's NOT), I am NOT soliciting gifts here.

I plan on honoring a Dust Bunny of the Week more often - maybe even EVERY WEEK(!). But you know me, I might get lazy and let a good Bunny be the "Dust Bunny of the Until I Name A New One". Stay tuned.

Thanks to Sam for the generous and thoughtful gift. And thanks to all you Dust Bunnies for making me smile every day.


11 comments:

kayce. said...

awwww!!! that was incredibly sweet and thoughtful of sam! congrats!!! i like the "blog of the week", etc... great idea. ^_^

Unknown said...

That's so great of him!

Anonymous said...

Sam, you rock.

Sam said...

I'm truly honored, Thank You.

Joy said...

Well, I think you need to award this coveted prize when someone does something outstanding. That way it means more. Right?

Sam, you send great gifts! I read your blog - funny AND thoughtful! You need my address? LOL

Joy said...

Oh and David, I'd better not see my blog missing over there! As Grand Duchess of the Dust Bunnies, rare guest contributor, and your honorary AUNT, that could hurt my feelings. Don't make me come over there!

Of course in my Bernice moments, how would I know? LOL

David Dust said...

Auntie Flame -

You're not going anywhere.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Angel said...

Congrats Sam!!!!! That is an AWESOME basket of goodies!!!!

Love you Tranny!!!!

XOXOXOXOX

Wonder Man said...

Thank you for the honor, I appreciate it

Joy said...

Thank you. Now I'm happy! :-)

xoxoxoxoxox

Mark in DE said...

Gay truckers??? That's hot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...