Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Chaka Khan


Chicago's Yvette Marie Stevens, better known at Chaka Khan, turns 56 today. She is one of my favorite singers of all-time - and I had the pleasure of seeing her perform at the Roxy one New Year's Eve. Chaka was a bit of a mess that night - but still absolutely FIERCE.

This Is My Night, Clouds, and Ain't Nobody are my three favorite Chaka Khan songs. If I would have ever been a runway model, I always imagined TEARING UP the runway to Ain't Nobody. Naomi Campbell, eat your heart out!!

Happy Birthday Chaka!

8 comments:

kayce. said...

that bitch is too, too fierce... "i feel for you" is prob one of the best songs ever, but i really need to get my hands on a "greatest hits" album.

sidebar ~ not to knock the dee-vuhs, but does anyone look at chaka or aretha's current bodies vs. their young bodies and see beyonce in 20 years? maybe it's just me...

Prince Todd said...

I know that's right! I loves me some Chaka too!
Keep doin it gwaaaaarl! Happy birthday!

Ian said...

Happy Birthday Chaka! My Girl!

mikeinbama said...

OMG, I made a joke about Chaka Khan this past weekend not knowing her birthday was today.Throught the Fire by Chaka is one of my favorite songs.

Mark in DE said...

LOVE HER!!

Wonder Man said...

I have a ipod list of her music...love her

Angel said...

CHAKA KHAN CHAKA KHAN!!

Fierce!!!

Joy said...

Me, too! She's great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...